Important information: Changes about your repeat medication ordering with effect from Monday 2nd September 2019
The NHS across County Durham and the Tees Valley is making changes to the way you order your repeat prescriptions.
Your community pharmacy will no longer be able to order your repeat medication, but you will be able to order your repeat medication directly with the practice, using the repeat ordering slip or online. There is nothing to worry about – you will still receive the medication you need.
If you have questions or concerns, please speak to a member of our reception team.
Requires 48 hours notice. In some of our surgeries it may be possible to collect directly from a local chemist.
If you stop using something that is not essential please tell receptionists who will delete the item.
At times we may ask to see you about your medication. This may be a check with any member of the team including pharmacists.
Some chemists provide a home delivery scheme for the housebound. If you use this service your medication may take longer to reach you than if you arrange for someone to pick it up.
If you would like us to post the prescription back to you please enclose a stamped addressed envelope and allow one week.
Practice Specifc Prescription Information
|Practice ||Telephone ||Telephones Open ||Chemists |
|Meadowfield ||0191 3780651|
M & M Chemist - 0191 378 0033
Lloyds Chemist - 0191 378 9066
|Monday - Friday|
9:00am - 12noon
1:00pm - 5:00pm
9:00am - 12noon (Thursdays)
Smiths Chemist - 0191 373 4249
The practice also dispenses drugs to patients living in the out-lying villages in the following areas:
- Tow Law
- Esh Winning
- Langley Park
|Ushaw Moor || 0191 3730202|| ||Smiths Chemist - 0191 373 0255|
Do you pay for your prescriptions?
Prescriptions are free for:
- Men and women over sixty
- Pregnant women with a valid maternity certificate
- Children under sixteen or up to nineteen in full-time education
- Mothers of babies under twelve months
- People who receive income support (check list on Form P11 from Social Security or Post Office)
- People with family credit
- Certain chronic conditions including:
1. Treatment for cancer; note this includes treatment for the effects of cancer, or treatment for the effects of a current or previous cancer treatment.
2. A permanent fistula requiring dressing.
3. Forms of hypoadrenalism such as Addison's disease.
4. Diabetes insipidus and other forms of hypopituitarism.
5. Diabetes mellitus except where treatment is by diet alone.
7. Myxoedema (underactive thyroid) or other conditions where thyroid hormone replacement is necessary.
8. Myasthenia gravis.
9. Epilepsy requiring continuous anticonvulsive medication.
10. A continuing physical disability which means you cannot go out without help from another person.
If you are not entitled to free prescriptions, a ‘season ticket’ may save you money. This is a pre-payment certificate, please ask Reception for details.